Why would the consultant wish to collect data at this stage?
How would they go about doing this?
Meeting with Client; non-competitive
- More informal such as a telephone call or a personal visit.
Collecting Background Information
- Industry data.
- Company data.
- Functional data.
Meeting with Client; Competitive
- Collect data on the client and the problem.
- Collect data on the competitors.
- Differentiate from the competition.
- Qualify for the proposal.
- Sell the job.
- Ask the right questions.
Approaching the Prospect
- Approach clients once the opportunity has been identified.
- Initially, determine whether the opportunity is worth following up, to confirm that it is real and under what conditions business should be conducted.
- The initial approach is also necessary to present the consulting firm credentials and to establish it as a potential service provider.
Calling on the prospect
- Prepare your opening statement and fact-finding questions.
- Prepare your “sales” message by establishing a list of benefits tailored to suit the client and your qualifying criteria.
- Plan timing of your call; Mondays, Fridays, morning, afternoon?
- Have all the correct “sales” aids with you.
Using a “Standard” Approach
Many large vendors have a standard bid or opportunity management approach, dealing with the steps and specifically risk and authority to proceed.
0 of 1 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
Would an internal consultancy need to follow a standard approach? If so why?
This response will be reviewed and graded after submission.
Qualification of the opportunity involves:
- Asking how the work can be
- Assessing the available information and the likelihood of
- Asking whether more information is
- Making a decision based on the
How Can the Work Be Sold?
- What is the sales pitch?
- A key factor driving the prospect’s buying decision (speed, quality, and price)?
- What personal relationships exist and how can they be best leveraged or combined?
- What can the account executive and members of the project team do to positively influence the sale?
- What are our chances?