- The client may issue a Tender, RFP, RFI
- These may be competitive or non-competitive
An information session may be scheduled in a competitive situation.
The Client may respond to:
- Personal call.
- Brochure or website.
- Personal recommendation.
- Internal need for assistance.
- Follow up on work from previous projects (onselling).
- Direct approach by current/prospective client.
- Called in by or referral from current client or business partner.
- Requests for proposal / information. Requests for proposal will require thorough preparation and concerted effort.
- Need to tender (advertisements, tender bulletins) – particularly public sector.
- Outcomes from direct and indirect marketing efforts (social media, presentations at conferences, seminars, briefings, writing of articles, blog, web page).