STOP, START, CONTINUE (360-DEGREE EVALUATION)
This is an evaluation which anyone can do with others. You need privacy, confidentiality and the right attitude. The purpose of this evaluation is to identify and analyse other people’s perceptions about your behaviours and competence.
- What should I STOP doing?
- What should I START doing?
- What can I CONTINUE to do?
RULES OF THE STOP, START, CONTINUE EVALUATION
- This evaluation should be reciprocal – in other words, both parties should have a turn in giving each other feedback;
- Watch your intentions. Do not take part in this evaluation with someone you may want to get even with. This is not an opportunity for revenge!
- You may not defend yourself. This is another person’s perception of you, so do not argue;
- Communicate with integrity. Speak the truth respectfully, gently and diplomatically;
- If two (or more) people (out of five evaluations) give you the same feedback you should believe it;
- Write everything down. Remember to note the feedback giver’s name on the correct feedback notes;
- Do not fret over the ‘not-so-good’ feedback because your intention is to fix it!